Guideline for Author
Indonesian Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology will be pleased to receive material contributed by anyone interested in obstetrics and gynecology, in the form of research report, literature review, or case report. With condition the material submitted to the Indonesian Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology should never have been or will not be submitted to any other publication. Manuscript should be written in English. Author should follow the manuscript preparation guide:
- Title, should be brief, specific and informative. Include a short title (not exceeding 40 letters and spaces).
- Name of Author(s), should include full names of authors, address to which proofs are to be sent, name and address of the Departement(s) to which the works should be attributed.
- Abstract, concise description (not more than 250 words) of the background, purpose, methods, results and conclusions required. Keywords (3-5 words) should be provided below the abstract.
- Introduction, comprises the problem’s background, its formulation and purpose of the work and prospect for the future.
- Method, containing clarification on used materials and scheme of experiments. Method to be explained as possible in order to enable other examiners to undertake retrial if necessary. Reference should be given to the unknown method.
- Result, should be presented in logical sequence with minimum number of tables and illustrations necessary for summarizing only important observations. The vertical and horizontal line in the table should be made at the least to simplify the view. Mathematical equations, should be clearly stated. Decimal numbers should be separated by point (.). Tables, illustration, and photographs should be cited in the text in consecutive order. Explain in footnotes all non-standard abbreviations that are used.
- Discussion, explaining the meaning of the examination’s results, in what way the reported result can solve the problems, differences and equalities with previous study and development possibilities. This section should include the conclusion of the reported work and suggestion for further studies if necessary.
- Conclusion, answer(s) to the research question, should be written in brief and clear descriptive sentences.
- Reference, should be arranged according to the Vancouver system. References must be identified in the text by the super script Arabic numerals and numbered in consecutive order as they are mentioned in the text. The reference list should appear at the end of the articles in numeric sequence.
- Research reports preparation guidelines The text of research report should be divided into the following sections: title, name of author(s), abstract, objective, method, result that ended by conclusion, references.
- Reviews article preparation guidelines The text of literature reviews should be divided into the following sections: title, name of author(s), abstract, introduction, overview that ended by conclusion, references.
- Case reports preparation guidelines The text of case reports should be divided into the following sections: title, name of author(s), abstract, introduction, case(s), and case management that completed with photograph/descriptive illustrations, discussion that ended by conclusion, references
Each article contains a maximum of three graphs. Color or black and white photographs must be submitted with clear illustrations and graphs. Photographs should be prepared with the minimum size of 125 x 195 mm2.
The manuscript should be submitted in inajog.com, which are typed 1.5 lines space with wide margins on A4 paper. The length of article should not exceed 12 pages. The left, right, top, and bottom margin should be 2.5 cm or 1 inch length. The editor reserves the right to edit manuscript, fit articles into available, and ensure conciseness, clarity, and stylistic consistency. the copyright of the manuscript published on inajog.com is stated in the copyright notice. All data’s, opinion or statement appear on the manuscript are the sole responsibility of the Author. Accordingly, the Publisher, the Editorial board, and their respective employees of the Indonesian Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology accept no responsibility or liability what so ever for the consequences of any such inaccurate or misleading data, opinion, or statement. Ethical clearance should be attached on research report, reserach article and case report article.